Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I suck at goodbyes

Today was the last day that I'll ever see many of the friends I've made over the past three years. In truth, I was never really close to the majority of them, and I'm pretty sure that many of them just straight-up don't like me at all. For instance, one girl who I've been doing theater with has never exactly been the nicest to me, no matter how I treated her. The past few weeks she's been ignoring me because I didn't write enough about her performance as Sandy in Grease. Every time I try saying hi to her or complementing her she shuts me out. I'm not going to miss that treatment in the next parts of my life.
The one thing that I am going to miss is definitely Andy. He's been an integral part of my life for nearly a year, and frankly I'm having separation anxiety. I kept telling myself I'd be strong and keep it together, but I can't help but tear up every time I think that I won't see him every time I turn around in math class, or next to me in study hall, or when I walk into school in the morning. I already miss the bear hugs he'd give me when I'm having a rough day and the traditional hug every day before we went home. I know it'll be okay in the end, but it's still super terrifying and saddening.

No comments:

Post a Comment