Saturday, July 5, 2014

Prince Edward Island Day 1

After getting out of Maine, we drove for hours and hours across the middle of nowhere in New Brunswick, Canada. Around 5:00 we had reached the Confederation Bridge, our road to PEI. The Island was gorgeous, and can best be described in terms of gemstones- the sapphire sea, the ruby-red cliffs, and the emerald fields were all a landscape artist's dream!




That night for dinner, we went to a restaurant called Lobster on the Wharf. It had a stunning view of the harbor in Charlottetown, and right next door we could see people setting up a concert venue for the PEI celebration of the 150th anniversary of the signing of the confederation that unified Canada. The food was good for the most part. My sister, aunt, and uncle all had the traditional lobster dinner (which I regret not eating myself) and they all enjoyed it very much. The restaurant had phenomenal rolls, too. I was tempted and had the lobster mac and cheese carbonera, but was very disappointed with it. The cheese sauce was very lacking, and overall it was meh. If I had had something else, I'm sure my experience as a whole there would've been much better. Here's a picture of the restaurant.





No comments:

Post a Comment