Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Things just got infinitely worse...

Guess what?! MORE NEWSPAPER BULLSHIT!

That's correct- the whole situation just keeps getting worse and worse and worse! So you remember how I wasn't supposed to let the girl whose editorial got pulled know that it happened or else World War IV would happen? Well she asked me if things were finished and if she could come in early to help finish putting the issue together. Ordinarily, this would have been just fine! Except if she came in early, she'd learn all about what happened with her editorial... 

So, my staff adviser and the girl who gave me the instructions in the first place instructed me to lie my way out of it. I did, and I feel atrocious for it. This girl who wrote the article was so passionate about it and worked incredibly hard revising it to fit the standards that we thought our school's administration could stomach, but no. I feel bad, I don't want her to become discouraged. 

And after that, I get guilted into giving up the one good thing that was going to happen to me this week- Late start Thursday. I now have to be at school by 7:30 to read over the paper since "I haven't been doing my job as an editor and making the time sacrifices for this paper." 

I never felt so low in so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment