Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Trolling Christians for Funsies got me feeling Introspective

I'm changing my major to "fighting strangers on the internet" and I'm going to get a doctorate in reading bitches for filth in 140 characters or less.

I've been dragging people who have made incredibly homophobic tweets under the #JesusWins tag on twitter. It's a response to the #LoveWins tag that came out when gay marriage was legalized nationwide. Some of the responses are kind, like "Love won 2,000 years ago when my savior died for me," but others are like "Leviticus 420:69 homos are an ABOMINATION and need to DIE" like I know my fair share about Christianity from attending Catholic school since I was 7 and attending Vacation Bible School many summers when I was little and I know that no kind, loving god would wish death upon somebody no matter what they did.

It's people like this that make me incredibly glad that I'm leaving organized religion behind. Faith is great, it's beautiful and if you have a faith you deserve every right to practice it! However, sometimes people hold onto their faith so strongly they refuse to let other people believe in their respective faiths.Using religion as an excuse for hate is a real abomination, not worshiping in a different manner, loving someone of the same sex, etc. 

I don't know if I'll ever find faith again, but I don't think I will until I find something loving and accepting of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment