Sunday, July 5, 2015

Guess who found a Webkinz with the tag still on it....

I took a trip down memory lane tonight while cleaning my room when I found a Webkinz (from like, 8 years ago, no less) with the tag still on it! For those who don't know/remember, Webkinz were a fad from when I was in grade school. You would buy a Webkinz stuffed animal, and it had a tag with a code attached that you would use to "adopt" it on Webkinz.com, where you could take care of it in a virtual world where you could play games, learn, etc. It was really a ton of fun!

I decided to create a new account and see what I could do, and ohhhhh was I surprised...

Webkinz.com has gone to the dogs. 

Back in my day, everything on Webkinz was free to all, and that was glorious! Now, Webkinz has tiered membership where only those born with a silver spoon in their hands (AKA the kids whose parents are fine with paying a fee to a fad website) are able to access all the features of the site, including most of the jobs, the majority of the games, the only decent clothes, certain furniture pieces and room styles, ALL the "classes" at the "academy" (even those normal folks with free membership are able to purchase academy "uniforms" from the clothing store- what's up with that?!), and even certain foods!

WEBKINZ HAS CREATED A CLASS SYSTEM. IN TRUTH, IT'S AN OLIGARCHY. MY CHILDHOOD HAS BEEN EFFECTIVELY RUINED.

No comments:

Post a Comment