Friday, January 30, 2015

Tomorrow I'm heading to the Northeast Ohio Area Theater Conference. It's not necessarily the best conference, but each one is what you make of it! My one-act show is performing, and I'm definitely looking forward to that. I never got to perform at any conference before, so I'm pretty pumped, even if it's only Area. Like my freshman year, they took the murder mystery (that I had a lead role in!) to the State Conference and it was incredibly popular. The thing was that we had two casts and only one could perform at States, so I opted not to attend the conference that year. I wish I had, because I always hear such wonderful things about it. My sophomore year was a dud year for theater because we switched directors. None of our shows were invited to Area or States. My junior year we switched back to our former director, and the shows themselves improved immensely. Our fall play's set was far too elaborate to take to States, so even though we were adjudicated by a NEOdTA representative and had excellent reviews from them, we would not have been able to perform at the conference anyways. Our murder mystery that year was also asked to perform at States, but since we would arrive back at the beginning of the Musical's tech week and half of the murder mystery cast was in the musical, we did not perform the show to States, even though everyone in it attended the conference. Of course, the one play that I don't do this year gets taken to States! I'll still be needed to help out backstage and with tech and stuff, but that's never the same as performing. 

So even though tomorrow's conference is tiny and fairly insignificant, I'm just happy to be performing.

No comments:

Post a Comment