Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Poetry Project

I just worked on a part of my Poetry Exit Analysis Essay and I'm kinda jazzed about it! Well, about the poetry and the poets, NOT the workload. My topic is "Women," and while I'm not sure exactly what my teacher is hoping to see from this project, I love the work of the poets whom I selected: Sylvia Plath, Audre Lorde, and Dorothy Parker. So I'm going to do what I can to make sure I get everything together and presented well. 

I think the direction I want to go into is exploring each poets' definition of what it means to be "woman" and reflections on womanhood. It's not like I can just make some simple thesis like I could have with some of the other topics like Nature, War, and Politics. Basically, I want to make sure that my work is of a high caliber so that I can impress myself most of all with my achievements! 

I may periodically post my favorite poems from the evening on here, so be ready for some poetry!

No comments:

Post a Comment