Thursday, June 11, 2015

Help me, I'm poor...

The only job offers I've been getting are scams from human trafficking rings, it's cool...

Yup, that's right! There's been letters going out to many girls ages 18+ in my region from a company offering $15.25 an hour asking us to set up private interviews with them. My mom, after reviewing the letter, advised me against following through with it. (I probably wouldn't have done it anyways, I didn't really understand what the "company" was about and what I'd have to do- I don't like going into things blindly.) Later, I found out that a police investigation unveiled that this group was actually a front for human trafficking. They make girls believe that they're about to be interviewed, give them a roofied glass of water while they wait for their interview, then BAM they're forced into prostitution. Evidently, they found these girls through their social media, so I REALLY need to adjust all my privacy settings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment