Saturday, June 20, 2015

The Job Hunt Continues....

Well, I've taken a few steps now to hopefully attain employment! 

I created a profile with Care.com last night and applied for several pet-sitting jobs, so hopefully that'll help a bit! Care.com is basically an Angie's List for people who like to look after and help others. You can use it to find babysitters, nannies, caretakers, pet/house-sitters, or just somebody to run your errands when you aren't able to. I like it a lot so far; it's easy to use and I'm happy with the jobs that I've applied for so far, plus it's something I could continue doing while I'm at DePaul. Hopefully I'll be able to line up an opportunity or two before I move to Chicago to build up my resume! 

Besides that, I had quite the ordeal trying to get a job this morning at a local pie shop. My dad woke me up bright and early, I was sent out to go to this shop and talk to  whoever I could to obtain a job, and that would be it! Well that isn't what happened. After a long, exasperating wait in traffic, I had a long, exasperating wait in the shop only to be told that nobody could talk to me then and to turn an application in later. I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR LATER LIKE YOU  HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment