Saturday, February 7, 2015

Pippin

Pippin was a pretty fantastic show! For those unfamiliar with it, Pippin is the story of the son of French king Charlemagne's son, Prince Pippin, and his quest to find complete and utter fulfillment in life from doing something great. The story line itself is very allegorical and a bit trite, but what was really phenomenal about the show were the circus stunts, special effects/illusions, and costumes. The stunts especially were breathtaking! It was an absolute visual feast!!!!! Well, except for the fact that my view was blocked by a large, fat man with a shiny bald head so I was frequently craning my neck.

I was kinda surprised at the amount of people who brought small children to the show because THERE'S A FREAKING ONSTAGE ORGY AND HELLA CUSSING AND SEXUAL INNUENDOS AND SEX SCENES but different strokes for different folks, I guess!

Overall, Pippin was a grand old time and I would see it again and again! Preferably not behind a large man, I want to be able to take everything in at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment